Friday, January 20, 2012

GAY

Is that really such a "bad" thing? Is that REALLY something to be embarrassed about, or hide? Well...O came out to his boss today. And it "came out" to my very traditional Grandfather today. O's boss was very excited for him and even admitted that her own son recently came out to her. My Grandfather actually told me stories of gay men that he knew and said it wasn't something he is against. Which really got to me. It made me so happy to know that he approved. Not that I needed it, I mean, I am already pregnant! LOL But this is something big, this is something that is a part of my life forever. This is my family now.

It got me thinking...my Grandpa and I talked about it briefly. Having 2 dads, yes it isn't "traditional"...but what family really is now a days? I think I was more inclined to work with gay men because having 2 daddies is better then having NONE. I grew up non-traditionally. I grew up with a single mother and a biological father who never gave a crap. And made that very obvious. I would write Father's day cards to my mother. In my opinion I turned out just fine. Why? Because I grew up knowing I was loved. Even if it was only by one parent. Children don't need to grow up traditionally to grow up successful, happy, or anything else.

Little man, you were loved from the day you were just an idea.Your daddies wanted you more then anything else in the world. If you ever feel out of place, just remember that. You always stand up for your family, just as daddy "O" and I did today. Always be proud. Proud that you have 2 parents and a whole family who loves and cares for you. And if you ever need someone to write "Mother's Day" cards too...I'm here and I love you too.

<3 Aunty Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment